Saturday, September 5, 2009

Like a Virgin

Viola! Just like that, I am a virgin again. This is it. My first blog. The first time I am sharing my inner self with the world at large.

I have a lot to share, being a chick from the streets of the South Bronx and all. These days, I'm living in Woodstock New York, surrounded by artsy types and musicians. They're just the coolest people. And not too hard on the eyes either. My boyfriend Alan (a kick-ass Puerto-Rican rock drummer with the band MRI) and I have a studio/rehearsal space called Is Music. It's a joint venture with Tommy James (an awesome British musician who used to be with Freaks of Desire and is now a well known DJ in NYC). The space is being rented on a monthly basis by John Holt, another incredible musician who is currently trying to come up with a name for his band -- they're thinking Momo Tribe. In the upcoming weeks, I'll be posting pictures of the studio with it's swirly silver wall, gold and silver floors, black leather couch and another sectional which I upholstered in silver and gold spandex. It's a trip. I'll also be sharing videos and music of the bands I'm involved with so you can enjoy their talent too.
You'll also hear about my diverse group of friends -- everyone from Jesse Camp (ex-MTV VJ), Emmaretta Marks (original cast of Hair, sang on Jimi Hendrix's album, ex-girlfriend of Keith Richards) and Allen Midgette (Andy Warhol days...)

And last but not least, I'll be sharing excerpts of my book "Bronx Pearls" which chronicles the exhilirating experience of growing up in the South Bronx....and beyond. Some of it's pretty funny, some of it is pretty weird. Hopefully, all of it will be entertaining.

Until then....


No comments:

Post a Comment